Sunday, July 31, 2011

Currently very very glad my last name, or the last name of my boyfriend (hopeful to be more, and soon) isn't Potter.

Yup. I just "liked" a page named "I'm Jeffery Potter, if this page gets 500,000 likes I'll call my son Harry." The unnamed, thus far, child is due Sept 3rd. I'm guessing it's been confirmed that it's a boy for sure, because it'd be more than a little strange for the child to be named Harry and be a girl.
Not particularly appropriate. But definitely not as bad as Moonchild. Or Dewzel. So at least the kid isn't related to Frank Zappa. In fact, it can probably take a cue from Office Space; and the unfortunately named Michael Bolton, "There was nothing wrong with my name, until I was about 12 years old and that no talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys!"
But sadly, judging by the number of likes on the page (less than 80,000) the kid is going to be named Frank. Or Scott. Or something utterly unrelated. Meaning the last two paragraphs have been a complete waste of your, and my, time.
You're welcome.
Clearly, since you're taking the time to read this in the first place, you have nothing better to do. Or, (even better!!!) you have LOADS to do!
In fact, that's probably it. You're swamped. But, since you work best under pressure, you're wasting your time now so that you can work at a breakneck pace for the next several hours. Yes, that's it. It makes perfect sense, because that's what I do. In fact, even if I have an 8am Monday deadline, I'll find myself rolling out of bed at 7, making coffee, and rather than working on the project....yup, you got it. You'll find me reading every last one of the newest PostSecrets (they publish Sunday night), and the newest Textsfromlastnight. And of course, my favorite, Damnyouautocorrect. Then, around 7:48, I'll freak out. Close my browsers, open whatever file I should have been working on all weekend. And then crank out something absolutely brilliant in the next twelve minutes.
Actually, I'm totally serious. This is how I work. Pressure makes me brilliant. That or so impressively incomprehensible that no one can question my work. Either way, it turns out nicely for me.
Regardless, it's high time you, dear reader, get moving on your tasks for the day.
Taa Taa!

(and no, due to time constraints- explained above-I haven't bothered to reread this or check for errors).

2 comments:

  1. thanks! i'm glad to notice that the likes for Jeff Potter's page have gone up significantly since last night. hurray for being part of a viral explosion.

    ReplyDelete