Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's like magic or something

Sarah: We're going to need to get that piano
Mark: What piano?
Sarah: The one from Bite
Mark: The one the naked girls comes out of?
Sarah: They're not naked! They have on thongs.
Mark: Fine, the one the NEAR naked girls come out of?
Sarah: Yes. Of course.
Mark: What possible reason could you have for wanting that piano?
Sarah: It's awesome. You put the girls back in and they come out wearing different colored thongs. Seriously, five girls into a grand piano, and POOF, different colored thongs. It's like magic or something.
Mark: So you want it as what, a parlor trick to pull out when we have guests?
Sarah: YES! Wouldn't you want to have dinner with people who had a piano that magically warps the color of the thongs of naked girls you put in it? Think of what an awesome conversation piece that would be!
Mark: You said they weren't naked.
Sarah: Whatever. We need that piano if we're going to Dallas. I need a conversation starter.

That said, I appear to be moving to Dallas. Or Fort Worth. I can now say this without tearing up. In fact, I was outright giddy about it earlier today, when one of my besties (who lives just south of Fort Worth) texted to tell me she's already planning the welcome party. It also gives me an excuse to get matching cowboy hats for Mark and I. AND a place to wear those red cowboy boots I bought a while back. Hell, I might even learn to make heart attack inducing brisket. Not to mention, I get to don that sanctimonious holier than thou attitude about all things not Texan. Besides, doesn't it just scream amusing to marry a gentlemen from London and then move to Fort Worth? Oh the culture shock!
And no, not selling the house. But hey- anyone interested in renting a 3400 sq. ft. house come February? My goal is to completely finish remodeling my dream home, and then let someone else live it in. (But I'm TAKING the doorbell).
So let me know.
Oh, and I'll be needing help with that piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment