Wednesday, January 9, 2013

ROLO!

it would have been embarrassing had it occurred by itself. fortunately for me, it didn't.

"He had noticed that events were cowards: they didn't occur singly, but instead they would run in packs and leap out at him all at once.”― Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere

the scene: my parents huge christmas party
i've had a couple drinks. i won't lie. 
my best friends are there. we're all camped out in the theatre room. we're catching up, sharing stories. drinking. laughing. you know. like friends do.

me: John 3:16 is a Bible verse right?
Serenity: how do you not know this?
me: well that's what i thought. 
Serenity: you call yourself a southerner
me: it's printed on the the bottom of Forever 21's bags
Jennifer: what? you're kidding?
me: serious. saw it this morning. at least, i think i did
Jennifer: funny. considering they sell slutty clothes and preach Jesus
Serenity: sounds typical. 
Mark: you think?
me: i think so. i'll check, the bag is in Ashley's bedroom

at which point i hop up from my spot on the couch. i fail to register the horror on my friend's faces and i prance upstairs. i grab the bag, and stop by the kitchen for a snack on my way. 

mom: oh my god! did you....
--this was said loudly, across a crowded room. the unfinished question hangs in the air--
me: huh?
--i look up from my plate--
Ashley (or any one of the teenagers now looking at me in horror): what is on you? oh god!

at which point i realize everyone in this room is now gesturing (with horror) to my butt.  i twist to look down at my rear. which i realize is covered with brown...."stuff" it's liquid-y, it's a couple shades of brown. 
it looks nasty and warrants all of the attention i'm receiving. 

me: what the?
mom: you might want to go upstairs
me: the hell is on me?
mom: sarah, you might want to go change
me: omg. 

then i leave. 
and change clothes. 
and discover there's melted chocolate and caramel ALL OVER my pants.  

now let's rewind. 
the night before, my dear sweet husband finished off a bag of rolo's while we were watching tv. he was sitting on the couch. the couch i was sitting on at the party. 


was 
sabotaged. 
by my own husband. 
at a party. 

fortunately for us all, it takes more than that to embarrass me. especially when i still needed to address the Forever21 thing.


3 comments:

  1. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

    What does that have to do with Forever21?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the good book supports scantily clad teenagers.
    literally, it's on the bottom of the bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need more Sarah in my life...and Rachel...and...I need Vegas I think. I apparently have the weekend off.

    ReplyDelete